Scholarship Search Options
- Start with our own PhillyGoes2College News section, which is updated regularly with both local and national scholarships. Unlike some major scholarship directories, PG2C vets all opportunities we post to ensure that they are active and legitimate. Follow us on social media for the latest in scholarships!
- Are you a veteran, adult learner, or interested in HBCUs? Do you identify as LGBTQ+ or as a student with a disability? Use our I Am dropdown menu to find scholarships and other population-specific resources just for you.
- Cappex allows you to combine a range of filters to find scholarships most applicable to what you’re looking for. You can use these features on a limited basis without setting up your free account, but we recommend setting up an account to take full advantage of their offerings
- United Negro College Fund has a scholarship search engine and allows you to browse lists of scholarships with upcoming deadlines.
- Access Scholarships has a sizeable scholarship directory as well as the option to search scholarships based on the information you add to your free account.
- Healthcare major who is a fan of heavy metal music? First-generation college-goer pursuing the creative arts? Bold.org has a scholarship for anyone and everyone. On the site, individuals and companies post scholarships aimed at specific demographics or majors. We’ve seen scholarships range from $500 to over $10,000 and, best of all, they’re simple to apply to.
- Prefer an app? The Scholly app compares your profile to thousands of active scholarships to create a prioritized list of opportunities. You’ll be able to sort by level of effort, due dates, and award amount.
- PASSHE refers to Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education which consists of 14 universities, including Bloomsburg, West Chester, Shippensburg, Cheyney and more. Each year, there are scholarships specific to PASSHE students. Applications are typically due in August but be sure to check the link for updated information.
Scholarships for Philadelphia Residents
- Each year, the Philadelphia Foundation offers more than 200 local scholarships. While each scholarship has individual criteria and requirements, a common application is used for all scholarships, allowing an applicant to simply submit a single application to be considered for every available scholarship. Applications are usually due in early May, but be sure to check the site for this year’s deadline.
- Community College of Philadelphia’s Catto Scholarship, Temple University’s Cecil B. Moore Scholars Program, and Drexel University’s Liberty Scholars Program all offer full-tuition scholarship to Philadelphia students.
- Each year Community College of Philadelphia awards more than $800,000 in scholarships to their students. With their general scholarship application, you can keep complete just one application and be considered for more than 100 scholarships.
Scholarships for Adults
- Make an appointment with a Graduate! Philadelphia representative to learn about their partner colleges’ financial options for adult students.
- Find adult learner scholarships on Bold.org by typing “adult” into the search bar. Make sure to filter the status to “Open” so you are only seeing current scholarships.
- BestColleges.com has a comprehensive list of scholarship opportunities for adult learners and nontraditional students.
- Graduate School Scholarships are provided on Gograd.org for adults who are looking for funding options to finance an advance degree.