- This event has passed.
November 16, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
CCP Octavius Catto Scholarship Information Session
Register to attend “Octavius Catto Scholarship — Supporting First Time Philadelphia Students,” a live information session offered by The Community College of Philadelphia. See event description and scholarship details below.
Join us for a Zoom presentation with Q&A on the Octavius Catto Scholarship. Octavius Valentine Catto was an American educator, intellectual, and civil rights activist in Philadelphia. Mayor Jim Kenney proposed an important new anti-poverty initiative designed to put more Philadelphians on the path to success at Community College of Philadelphia. The program, named the Octavius Catto Scholarship, aims to make the transformative power of education available to students by providing funding and additional supports. Learn about eligibility requirements, supports for students, and the application process. You must RSVP to attend this Zoom presentation.
About the Scholarship:
• The scholarship is open to first-time, full-time CCP students (12+ credits per term).
• Accommodations will be made for undocumented students.
• If you are ready to take advantage of this scholarship opportunity, your first step is to apply to Community College of Philadelphia.
• Filing a FAFSA is an eligibility requirement, so if you have not already done so, please submit your FAFSA.
• See here for additional eligibility details.
Catto Scholars will receive:
• Last-dollar funding for up to three years
• $1,500 to meet needs for food, transportation and books
• Enhanced support from a team of advisors and coaches dedicated to making sure that students meet their goals and stay on track
• Connections to existing city services like benefits access, quality child care, and housing supports