Up to $25,000 Scholarship for Children of First Responders Due 5/30
Award: First Responders Children’s Foundation scholarships provide a maximum award of $6,250 for a single academic year. Awards are based on financial need, academic merit, and achievements such as demonstrated leadership, excellence in the arts or sports, and/or volunteer activities benefiting the community.
Scholarships may be renewed annually for up to four years depending on the availability of funds, the applicant’s financial need, and the recipient’s academic record. Priority is generally given to students whose first responder parent has suffered a line of duty disability or line of duty death and demonstrate the greatest financial need.
• biological child, adopted child, or stepchild listed as a dependent of a police officer, firefighter, EMT, paramedic or 911 dispatcher
• pursuing a bachelor’s, associate’s, certificate, graduate, or law degree at an accredited U.S. college, university, or technical/vocational school
• enrolled as a full-time student for the entire academic year
• have and maintain a 2.7 out of a 4.0 GPA
• making satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of your degree or certificate program
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident