Up to $5,000 Against The Grain Scholarships for Asian or Pacific Islander Students Due 5/31
Background: Against The Grain Productions Inc. was founded to produce films and media that promote awareness and unity of Asian American culture and identity. Each year, they offer scholarships to students of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity. Awards are in the amount of $1,000-$5,000.
Eligibility: Scholarships are open to students who are at least 25% Asian and/or Pacific Islander. Students must be either high school seniors or current college students enrolled full-time in a U.S. vocational/technical school or 2 or 4-year college or university. Students must have a 3.0+ GPA with the exception of the Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship which requires a 3.5+ GPA. See additional eligibility details at the application link below for each of the following scholarships:
• #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship for students pursuing a major in fashion and/or graphic design
• Artistic Scholarship for students pursuing a major in performing, visual arts, journalism and/or mass communications
• Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship for students who have exhibited exemplary leadership, vision, and passion that is blazing a trail for others to follow and changing lives in the Asian American community
• Lily Pabilona Scholarship for students pursuing a career in entrepreneurship
• Thear Sy Suzuki R.I.S.E. Scholarship for students who have exhibited an ability to rise above circumstances, demonstrated the ability to lift up others, and shown exemplary servant leadership in the Asian American community and beyond
How to Apply: Students can apply here by the May 31st deadline.