Philadelphia Foundation: 200 Local Scholarships, One Application Due 5/12
Every year, the Philadelphia Foundation offers more than 200 local scholarships. While each scholarship has its own eligibility requirements, they all use the same application, allowing students to submit just one application to apply for all Philadelphia Foundation scholarships they are eligible for.
How to Apply: Students can apply here by the May 12th deadline. Required materials include:
• Letter of recommendation
• College or university acceptance letter and financial aid award letter (or recent school bill)
• Copy of your FAFSA report
• Cost of attendance for your college or university
Scholarship Highlights (see full list at the application link above):
• The up to $6,000 D. Colman Witte Scholarship open to Art, Architecture, or Interior Design students attending or planning to attend a college or university in the Philadelphia region.
• The $10,000 ($2,500 per year) Feinstein Fund open to students who are residents of Philadelphia with a 3.25+ GPA and financial need.
• The GSK Opportunity Scholarship, which will award four renewable scholarships of up to $5,000 per year. The scholarship is open to high school seniors and undergrad, grad, or post-grad students.
• The Richard A. Ash Scholarship, which will award multiple one-time or renewable scholarships ranging from $1,000-$5,000 per year. The scholarship is open to students who are residents of Philadelphia with financial need who are accepted or enrolled at an accredited college or trade school.
• The Zeta Omicron Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. Leadership and Scholarship Fund, which will award three scholarships of $2,000 each to African American males graduating from Philadelphia-area high schools.