Project 440 Instruments for Success: College Admissions for Music Students
Apply by January 30th for Project 440‘s no-cost Instruments for Success Philadelphia Cohort: College Preparedness and Career Pathways. The Spring 2022 session will be held virtually on Zoom on Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30pm. The program runs from February 2nd to April 6th. See program description below and apply here.
The college application process can often be tricky and intimidating, but we can make it easier for you! Instruments for Success is a ten-week after-school program covering every aspect of the college admissions and audition process.
Students spend seven of the ten weeks learning from a highly experienced college counselor. The other three weeks, a series of guest speakers help students explore career paths both in and connected to the field of music.
In this course, students learn about:
• Selecting schools that are the right “fit” for their goals and interests
• Writing a compelling college essay
• Preparing for auditions and interviews
• Navigating the world of financial aid, grants and scholarships
• How to approach the SAT and ACT
• Career paths both in and connected to the field of music
Participation is limited to 30 students. Students who meet attendance and participation requirements are eligible to receive a stipend of up to $200!