$10,000 LGBTQ+ Point Foundation Scholarship Due 1/18
Background: Point Foundation (Point) is the nation’s largest higher education scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students. Point’s multifaceted support of its scholarship recipients (“scholars”) extends far beyond direct financial contribution toward the cost of their education. Each scholar is paired with a mentor and participates in leadership development programs and events.
Award: If you’re selected as a Point Scholar, award amounts vary person to person based on financial need with the average award around $10,000 per year. The scholarship is renewable for the duration of your degree program, up to four years with the possibility for a fifth year extension. During the 2019-2020 academic year, Point supported 60 scholars.
Point Foundation considers many factors when assessing scholarship applicants, including:
• A proven track record of leadership and community involvement
• Strong academic achievement
• Working for the betterment of the LGBTQ community
• Financial need
Eligible applicants also:
• Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at a U.S. accredited college or university as an undergraduate or graduate student in the fall of 2022.
• Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
• Must be enrolled or intending to enroll full-time for the full 2022-2023 academic year.
• Community college students transferring to a four-year college or university are eligible. However, students studying at community colleges, online programs, or trade schools are not eligible for this scholarship, but do check out Point’s scholarship for community college students.
• Must be at least a senior in high school. High school seniors not yet enrolled or accepted into a particular program/university are eligible to apply.
• Undocumented students and international students are eligible to apply if they are enrolling or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States.
How to Apply: Complete the online application here.