$20,000 Dell Scholars Program Due 12/1
Apply by December 1st for the Dell Scholars Program.
Award: Nationally, 500 Dell Scholars are selected each year to receive a $20,000 scholarship along with a laptop, textbook credits, access to the scholars resource network, access to teletherapy, and personalized support for the academic, financial, and emotional life challenges that students may encounter as barriers to college completion.
Background: The Scholars program targets low-income, highly motivated students who are better than their numbers indicate and demonstrate the drive to succeed despite personal obstacles. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a unique “GPA” of grit, potential, and ambition in their quest for a college education:
• Must participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12
• Be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the current academic year
• Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
• Be eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant in first year of college
• Plan to enroll full time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in the fall directly following high school graduation
• Earn a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
How to Apply: To apply for a scholarship from the Dell Scholars program, the first step is completing the online application. Once submitted, all applications will be assessed and a group of semifinalists will be selected. Semifinalists are asked to submit a current copy of their high school transcript, a complete Student Aid Report (SAR) from their FAFSA, and an online recommendation. After the semifinalist information is submitted, all information is reviewed by an independent selection committee. View a sample application here.