$2000 11th-12th Grade Speak Up! Scholarship Due 9/30
Apply by September 30th to the NSHSS Speak Up! Scholarship, which will award five recipients with $2,000 each.
Eligibility: The scholarship is open to 11th-12th graders with a demonstrated passion for communications. This includes but is not limited to the following classes/clubs:
• Journalism/Mass Communications (including Broadcast, Radio, Newspaper)
• Literary Magazine
• Public Speaking (including Debate Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations)
• Visual Communications (including Photography, Graphic Design, Digital Video/AV)
• Majors and careers in the communications field can include but are not limited to journalism, photojournalism, writing, editing, publishing, marketing, public relations, and social media.
How to Apply:
• Prompt response of 500-800 words in response to the following question: What do you think are the most important aspects of clear and effective communication? What have you done to practice and perfect the art of communications? Please provide specific examples of this.
• Pictures/videos/media showing your leadership in action
• Color headshot
• Academic resume
• Current Transcript (can be official or unofficial)
• Educator recommendation