We are pleased to announce the inaugural Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship, a biannual award for writers and novelists in further education. As the world’s leading marketplace of book publishing talent, Reedsy is passionate about nurturing the next generation of fiction authors. We have designed this scholarship to award a student whose writing displays a clear and unique voice with the potential to thrive in the competitive literary landscape.
Awarded twice a year, successful candidates will receive $1,000 towards educational expenses and be eligible for further sponsorship from Reedsy while they develop as a writer.
To be eligible for the Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship, applicants must be:
- United States, Canada or Australia Citizens or Permanent Residents; and
- Accepted to, or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States, Canada or Australia.
Your application must include the first chapter (1,500 to 7,500 words) of an original novel you are currently writing, or have written but not yet published.
All applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your name, address and contact number;
- The name of the college or university you are attending or planning to attend;
- Your sample chapter attached to the email in .doc or .docx format with a written introduction. Google Doc links and PDFs will not be accepted.
Five finalists will be selected from each application pool. If your submission is shortlisted, a blurb about your novel will be featured on our scholarship page.
To be considered for the Spring semester scholarship, applications must be received by February 21, 2019.
September 21, 2019 is the deadline for the Fall semester scholarship.
The scholarship must be applied to tuition and other education-related expenses. A wire transfer for $1,000 will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly.
Address: Reedsy Ltd. Seedcamp 4-5 Bonhill St, Shoreditch, London EC2A 4BX
Phone: +44 20 3108 9367
USA: +1 (407) 233-3331
APPLY HERE: https://blog.reedsy.com/scholarship/#apply