$40,000 Ron Brown Scholarship for Black High School Seniors Due 1/9
Background: The vision of the Ron Brown Scholarship is to cultivate the next generation of transformational leaders who positively impact their communities and blaze new paths in their chosen careers and professions. 45-50 four-year $40,000 scholarships ($10,000 each year) will be awarded to the most talented and economically-challenged high school seniors who demonstrate a keen interest in public service, community engagement, business entrepreneurship, and global citizenship.
• Be Black/African American
• Excel academically
• Exhibit exceptional leadership potential
• Participate in community service activities
• Demonstrate financial need
• Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card
• Be a current high school senior
How to Apply: Students can apply here by the January 9th deadline. Required materials include two letters of recommendations (see details at the FAQ page), two 500-word essays (one of which can be an essay you wrote for your college application or a class), and your school transcripts.