$6,200 TMFC x Walmart Scholarship for First-Gen HBCU Freshman Due 10/10
Background: The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and the Walmart Foundation are offering financial assistance to outstanding first-generation students attending one of the 47 TMCF-supported HBCUs.
Award: Sixty-one students will be selected to receive a need-based scholarship up to $6,200 for the 2022-2023 academic school year.
• Be enrolled full-time as a freshman at a TMCF member-school during the 2022-2023 academic school year
• Be a first-generation college student (first person in your immediate family to attend college)
• Current cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher from high school.
• Must have submitted a completed 2022-2023 FAFSA to your college or university
• Able to demonstrate financial need
• Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
How to Apply: Students can apply here by the deadline of October 10th at 12pm EST. To apply, submit a video of no more than 2-minutes in response to the prompt provided along with a professional or graduation headshot.