$22,500 TE Connectivity Scholarship for Black College Sophomores Due 10/7
Background: TE Connectivity has established a 2-year scholarship program to assist college sophomores majoring in STEM, Operations Management, Finance, Supply Chain, or Information Technology. The program provides a college scholarship paired with career development, including a required paid internship with TE Connectivity for two summers after the sophomore year of college.
Award: Up to 14 recipients will be awarded up to $22,500 per year in each of the next two years upon successful completion of the paid summer internships. Internships are full-time positions, 40 hours per week. See additional award details here.
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• self-identify as Black, African American, or multiracial (applicants who self-identify as more than one race/ethnicity are eligible as long as one of the races/ethnicities is Black or African American)
• be enrolling as a full-time sophomore at a 4-year college or university for the 2022-2023 academic year
• 3.0+ GPA
• majoring in STEM, Operations Management, Finance, Supply Chain, or Information Technology
• willing to accept a paid summer internship with TE Connectivity (recipients- both new and renewal- must complete a summer paid internship to receive their award disbursement the following fall)
How To Apply: Students can apply here by the October 7th deadline. Required materials include your transcript, a copy of your family’s latest 1040 tax filing, an online recommendation form submitted on your behalf, and an essay is response to the prompt provided. Note that the essay is max 1,000 characters (as opposed to max 1,000 words).