$10,000 Scholarship for Veterans Majoring in Computer Science Due 1/31
Background: As part of Google’s commitment to military veterans, the company partners with SVA (Student Veterans of America) each year to fund scholarships. The scholarship provides assistance to student veterans who are pursuing university degrees in the field of computer science in the U.S. Selected students will receive $10,000 for the upcoming school year.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2021-2022 academic year or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the United States for the 2021-2022 academic year.
• Maintains a strong academic performance.
• Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field. See the list of related fields here.
• Must be a current student veteran (includes members of the National Guard or Reserve) as proven by a DD- 214 and transcript, or a student on Active Duty as proven by submission of Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer indicating that you are currently in good standing with your unit and transcript.
• Has received an honorable discharge or is in good standing with his/her branch of service.
How to Apply: Complete the online application, which asks for
• A current copy of your resume or CV
• An unofficial copy of current university transcripts
• Two letters of reference from a professor, adviser or supervisor
• 500-word responses to three essay questions
• DD 214