$5,000-$15,000 Scholarship America Dream Award Due 10/15
Apply by October 15th to the Scholarship America Dream Award. If selected as a recipient, award amounts range from $5,000 to $15,000. Awards are renewable up to three additional years or until a first bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first, on the basis of full-time enrollment, satisfactory academic performance, and availability of funding. Each year of eligible renewal, the award will increase by $1,000.
• Be at least 17 years of age.
• Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA).
• Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2021.
• Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2022.
• Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2022-2023 academic year.
• Be studying to obtain an Associate’s or first Bachelor’s degree.
• Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
• Demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply:
Complete the online application which includes a personal statement of goals and unusual personal or family circumstances that demonstrate that you have overcome barriers to school success. The emphasis will be on financial need and the ability to overcome challenges and barriers. Additional materials, including a letter of recommendation, will be required if selected as a semifinalist.