9th Graders: Philadelphia Futures Sponsor-A-Scholar Program Accepting Applications
The Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS) Program provides highly motivated Philadelphia public high school students with the tools, resources, and opportunities necessary to succeed in high school, be admitted to college and earn their degrees. We begin working with students in 9th grade and continue to support students through college completion. Each year, we seek to admit 55 new scholars into the Sponsor-A-Scholar program.
• After-School Classes
• SAT Preparation
• Summer Programs
• Extracurricular Activities
• College Visits
• College Admissions Support
• College Consultations
• Senior Seminar
• Be in the high school graduating class of 2025.
• Live in Philadelphia.
• Plan to attend a public high school in the School District of Philadelphia.
• Be a first-generation-to-college student. This means that the student does NOT live with a parent(s)/guardian(s) that has graduated from a college or university in the United States with a bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrate a commitment to academic success.
• Meet family income guidelines. See details at the link above.