$5,000 Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism Due 7/31
Apply by July 31st to the Perecman Firm’s Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism. The scholarships aims to help offset the financial burden of attending school for a deserving student who is facing unique challenges because of autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
The scholarship is open to high-achieving students who meet two key criteria:
• Either you or a close family member has been diagnosed with a form of autism, including Asperger syndrome
• Applicant must be currently enrolled or enrolling Fall 2021 at an accredited college, university, or vocational school
Applicants are asked to submit their most recent official or unofficial transcript along with a 500-1000 word essay on one of the following topics:
• Tell us about a time that you have had to overcome an obstacle as a person with autism that other people would not have had to face.
• Explain how your loved one’s autism has affected you and how you have adapted to help them.
• Answer this question: What do you feel is the biggest obstacle holding back people with autism today?