In order to apply, you must submit an essay, written in English and totaling 800 – 2000 words in length, answering one of the following questions:
- How did a book change your life?
- What book mirrors your life?
- What book got you hooked to books?
What are the details of the Hooked To Books Scholarship?
- The applicant should, on the scholarship result announcement date, be enrolled in a two year or four-year college program. This scholarship is open to applicants from all countries in the world.
- The applicant must write an email with the subject line of “HTB 2019 Scholarship Application” and send it to email@example.com. They will state in the email their name, contact address, phone number, the school name and state where they are attending college.
- The essay must be sent as an attachment in Word form (.doc or .docx extension) in the aforementioned email. The file should be named “HTB_Lastname“. Example: HTB_Reagan.docx
- Only one (1) submission per applicant is allowed. The applicants of the 2016 and 2017 program can participate in a new essay.
- Submissions that do not follow this guideline will be automatically rejected without notification.
- The application is free of charge
- By submitting their essay, the applicant gives permission to publish the essay on hookedtobooks.com and their social media pages.
How much is the Hooked To Books Scholarship worth?
The winner, as chosen by the Hooked To Books Scholarship Committee, will be awarded $1500.
When is the Hooked To Books Scholarship application due?
The application is due December 20, 2019.